Sunday, October 21, 2012

The End of Market Season

Whether you are a shopper or vendor of farmer's markets, you know the season is coming to a close very soon.  My local weekly market, the Lansdowne Farmers Market, closes for the season on Sat. 10/27.  While I love vending at markets and seeing all the regulars, it's a bit of a relief to be finsihed.  Being caught up with weekly inventory demands, loading and unloading the car, taking up a large chunk of garage space... all while maintaining a full time day job takes a toll after a while.  It will be nice to have a break.  The LFM does host several special winter markets, the first being 11/17 (I will be vending!)  There are some other markets, holiday gift fairs, and festivals for which I am awaiting vending approval.   I also hope to teach some classes on making bath & body gifts during the holidays.  I intend on staying fully active during the "off-season" in vending and working hard on my business. 

My fall/winter business plans are:
~Refine my hot process soap recepies - and make lots more soap!
~Create new perfumes in specially themed lines
~More internet promotion, marketing, networking & eCommerce
~Marketing to local retail shops, and networking with local business owners
~Tweak & finish www.akimabotanicals.com
~Research and possibly venture into making incense cones, bath bombs, bath salts, massage & aromatherapy oils
~Blog more frequently

What are your "off-season" plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment