Monday, October 1, 2012

New Harmony Vegan Chinese Restaurant, Philadelphia

I found New Harmony Chinese Restaurant in 2008 or 2009 when I worked in Center City Philadelphia.  Being just blocks from Chinatown I often walked through, and one day I just stumbled upon what would soon be one of my favorite places for eats in Philadelphia.  Located on 9th St. between Arch & Race, everything on their impressive menu is vegan & kosher (see the certified letter from Rabbi Roth in the back of the menu).  Even the air & water is filtered for purity.  Here are pictures of their Sweet & Sour Tofu and Lemon "Chicken", respectively:



Lately I've been ordering the Sesame Beef with a special "mayo" sauce... it blows my mind.  Make sure you try the veggie pancakes - they have the same "mayo" sauce.  Fried yes, but vegan which makes it ok, ha ;P.  Freshly brewed tea comes with every menu, as does a greeting & smile from owner Ming - our buddy.  New Harmony has a devoted following of those vegan and meat-eating alike.  No matter what you eat, you can't deny how delicious their food is.  Oh yea, and all you can eat Dim Sum buffet on Sundays!  Save room for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment